Thread: 90 Day Chart and ADX

Default 90 Day Chart and ADX

I am new to ForexonFire (I am still going over the DVD's). I am constructing my charts based on the materials in the course and I was wondering if we have to use the DMI Plus and DMI Minus with the ADX. You have all 3 indicators on your charts, but you only refer to the ADX, and I was wondering if all 3 are needed or if I could just use the ADX.

Also, if my charting software does not allow me to create a Daily 3 Month Chart, is it OK to look at the daily chart and focus on the last 3 month's bars?

Regards,

Wayne

Hi Wayne, great questions... the ADX is the primary, only needed signal, for it to get over 40 as the signal indicator.. though with esignal.com which I use, it includes both the DMI lines, which are helpful to see. And yes re you can look at the last 3 month's bars (though you should use candles if possible), for the daily information/trend/support/resistance levels and volatility.

Regards,

Ken

Default GBP/JPY

Ken,
    In your FOF Package, you have cheat sheets for certain pairs. (timing strategy question) Has this changed based on the performace of the pair? I had a nice run this morning with both the EUR/USD and GBP/JPY. As usually everything is in consolidation in the afternoon but ADX is still up as well as MACD. Just wondering if I could have held in there, if it would have been wise. Will look for another entry tomorrow. I can't complain about the gains in 4 hours this morning though.

-James
    Arlington VA

Hi - regarding timing, it's dependent on what type of trader you are... for me, intraday trading is for 2-6 hours for most fx pairs. For swingtrading, which is my preferred strategy for currency pairs, I like round trips of 2-3 days on average... good question!

Glad to hear it re 4-hour moves in both the EUR/USD and GBP/JPY.

Ken