Thread: Seeking advice re getting stopped out!

Default Seeking advice re getting stopped out!

Dear Folks:

I am new to this forum and seek advice from experienced swing traders. (I am a relative beginner with approximately 6 months experience "swing trading"). My strategy is to wait until a stock is near a good support level, on a longer term uptrend, buying after decline in price with one indicator such as a stochastic indicating that the equity is very over sold.

I seem to be getting stopped frequently with my stops set at 1.5%-2% Are my stops too close for swing trading? I anticipate holding for between a few days to a few weeks. I just don't know if I should widen my stops?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks to all in advance who reply?

Acroreef

Hi- have you used my 10-day ADX>40 trading only stocks $30-$80/share with 10% range on 10-day chart (max stops $1.50 per trade) technique?

-Ken

Default Getting stopped out.

Hi Ken, thank you for the response. Where can I find out more about your "system? I'm not familiar with it.

Acroreef

Hi - all my systems are available via www.daytradinguniversity.com ; the best ones are the 2 at www.tradingvideos.com and www.stocktradingsuccess.com

Thanks,

Ken

Trading wide on small size, many stocks (200+), then scaling into winning positions is working great for me right now.

-k